Amazon EFS, Working around hard link limitWhy is '.' a hard link in Unix?What happens when you delete a hard...

How to save money by shopping at a variety of grocery stores?

Why did Starhopper's exhaust plume become brighter just before landing?

Scaling arrows.meta with tranform shape

Which polygons can be turned inside out by a smooth deformation?

What does "-1" represent in the value range for unsigned int and signed int?

Heat output from a 200W electric radiator?

Convert shapefille to KML

Why did the population of Bhutan drop by 70% between 2007 and 2008?

basename "$0" not working

Necessity of tenure for lifetime academic research

Generic method to call API functions with simple retrial on errors

Is it recommended to point out a professor's mistake during their lecture?

Why military weather satellites?

Why do motor drives have multiple bus capacitors of small value capacitance instead of a single bus capacitor of large value?

Why do IR remotes influence AM radios?

Don't look at what I did there

How can I throw a body?

Did ancient peoples ever hide their treasure behind puzzles?

How can I fix cracks between the bathtub and the wall surround?

How to determine the convexity of my problem and categorize it?

How did medieval manors handle population growth? Was there room for more fields to be ploughed?

Does Dovescape counter Enchantment Creatures?

Is this position a forced win for Black after move 14?

Check if dependency between two variables is linear



Amazon EFS, Working around hard link limit


Why is '.' a hard link in Unix?What happens when you delete a hard link?Can a hard link break the file system structure?Pageres not working on Amazon LinuxHow To Create a Bootable EBS Volume for Amazon Linuxxargs with aws cli (amazon s3 copy)Building QuantLib on Amazon LinuxHow to trim down Amazon Linux OS for more free space?






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty{ margin-bottom:0;
}







0















I have been hard linking to my nfs mount and did not realize that I'm only limited to 177 links, as seen in the aws docs.



See Command Fails with "Too many links" Error




  • https://docs.aws.amazon.com/efs/latest/ug/troubleshooting.html


My implementation



$ ln /home/file.log /home/foo/dev/log


How do I work around this where I can still use the same implementation.



I was thinking of creating a new copy of of the source file (call it something like file_copy.log) so that it would be a new inode and link from that. The issue there is when something writes to file.log how would file_copy.log know about this?



Are there better ways of approaching this problem.










share|improve this question































    0















    I have been hard linking to my nfs mount and did not realize that I'm only limited to 177 links, as seen in the aws docs.



    See Command Fails with "Too many links" Error




    • https://docs.aws.amazon.com/efs/latest/ug/troubleshooting.html


    My implementation



    $ ln /home/file.log /home/foo/dev/log


    How do I work around this where I can still use the same implementation.



    I was thinking of creating a new copy of of the source file (call it something like file_copy.log) so that it would be a new inode and link from that. The issue there is when something writes to file.log how would file_copy.log know about this?



    Are there better ways of approaching this problem.










    share|improve this question



























      0












      0








      0








      I have been hard linking to my nfs mount and did not realize that I'm only limited to 177 links, as seen in the aws docs.



      See Command Fails with "Too many links" Error




      • https://docs.aws.amazon.com/efs/latest/ug/troubleshooting.html


      My implementation



      $ ln /home/file.log /home/foo/dev/log


      How do I work around this where I can still use the same implementation.



      I was thinking of creating a new copy of of the source file (call it something like file_copy.log) so that it would be a new inode and link from that. The issue there is when something writes to file.log how would file_copy.log know about this?



      Are there better ways of approaching this problem.










      share|improve this question














      I have been hard linking to my nfs mount and did not realize that I'm only limited to 177 links, as seen in the aws docs.



      See Command Fails with "Too many links" Error




      • https://docs.aws.amazon.com/efs/latest/ug/troubleshooting.html


      My implementation



      $ ln /home/file.log /home/foo/dev/log


      How do I work around this where I can still use the same implementation.



      I was thinking of creating a new copy of of the source file (call it something like file_copy.log) so that it would be a new inode and link from that. The issue there is when something writes to file.log how would file_copy.log know about this?



      Are there better ways of approaching this problem.







      filesystems aws






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked 28 mins ago









      e_mam106e_mam106

      1083 bronze badges




      1083 bronze badges

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes














          Your Answer








          StackExchange.ready(function() {
          var channelOptions = {
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "106"
          };
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function() {
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled) {
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function() {
          createEditor();
          });
          }
          else {
          createEditor();
          }
          });

          function createEditor() {
          StackExchange.prepareEditor({
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: false,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: null,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader: {
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          },
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          });


          }
          });














          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function () {
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f538168%2famazon-efs-working-around-hard-link-limit%23new-answer', 'question_page');
          }
          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes
















          draft saved

          draft discarded




















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Unix & Linux Stack Exchange!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid



          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.


          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function () {
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f538168%2famazon-efs-working-around-hard-link-limit%23new-answer', 'question_page');
          }
          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          How big is the pipe buffer?Turn off buffering in pipeIn what order do piped commands run?When would you use...

          How do I set time and date from the Internet?Trying to set date on a Linux based machine from another...

          X The fight shapes the ink. Foxclore Fuffapster Kattimundoo Kizerain Earthquake Law & Order Smile...